The school currently makes provision for Grade 8 to 12 and has an enrolment of 685 learners. The first matriculants will complete their schooling in 2017. The school has a teacher complement of 32, 2 administrative assistants and 3 general assistants.
• Northriding Secondary School opened in January 2014
• Currently accommodates Grades 8,9,10,11 and 12
• First grade 12’s will matriculate in 2017
• 685 pupils attend the school
• Feeder areas include Northriding, Olivedale, Bloubosrand and Jukskei Park
• Equal split between male and female pupils
• One of the first “Green” schools powered by solar energy
• Rain harvesting system which purifies rain water
CLICK ON THE TABS BELOW TO EXPAND
The GDE Online Admission Period shall commence on Tuesday 02 May from 08h00 and close on Monday 12 June 2017. All Grade 8 applications must be completed on the Department of Education’s online system first. The website for registering and applying in the Gauteng Province is https://www.gdeadmissions.gov.za/
• On submission of your GDE online application, an automated SMS will be generated to the parent’s cell phone number. • You will then be required to download and complete the Northriding Secondary School application (please contact email@example.com to have the form sent to you). You will then have 14 days to submit the NRHS application form with the necessary, certified documents to the school office. • Should a parent not submit their hardcopy application during the application period, their online application will lapse.
The completed Application Form must be accompanied by all the following documents:
• A certified copy of the Learner's latest school report • A certified copy of the Learner's unabridged birth certificate • Certified copies of the Identity Documents of both parents'/ guardians'/ person responsible for school fees • Documentation supporting Legal Guardianship where parent is not the natural parent of the learner (if applicable) • A certified copy of Proof of residence of the parent / guardian with whom the of learner lives being either a municipal services bill or lease agreement (If a lease is used please include a certified copy of the ID and municipal service bill of the owner) • Proof of employment, showing street address of business • One passport size photograph of your child
Where applicable: • Documentation showing proof of sibling relationship where learner seeks preferential placement on the basis of such relationship (if applicable) • A certified copy of the Divorce Agreement indicating Custodial Parent • A certified copy of Proof of legal rights to fulfil the obligations of a parent • A certified copy of Permanent Residence or Study Permit • Learners are accepted into Grade 8 based on the admissions policy of the school and guidelines set out by the Gauteng Department of Education. At this stage acceptance is based on, but not limited to, living and/or working in the immediate vicinity of the school. • Learners are accepted into Grade 9 - 11 based on the admissions policy of the school and guidelines set out by the Gauteng Department of Education. At this stage acceptance is based on, but not limited to, availability of space in the relevant grade and the subjects that the learner is doing and living and/or working in the immediate vicinity of the school.
We strive to achieve excellence through the use of technology and green initiatives. We embrace the values of integrity, collaboration, respect and tolerance of diversity and honesty.
We endeavour to create a warm and supportive atmosphere where every learner’s positive self–image is nurtured and to provide quality education in the classroom, on the sports field and in the cultural domain.
We strive for: academic excellence through the use of technology and green initiatives.
We embrace the values of: integrity, collaboration, respect and tolerance of diversity and honesty.
Every learner will passionately work towards: promoting a positive image of the school in the community we serve.
Our main form of communication with the parents is the D6 Communicator. Using the “push” technology, we will be able to send you up-to-date information about all aspects of the school and its happenings. Once you have loaded the application onto your computer or smart device, please take a few minutes to update your details in the "My Details" section. This information is not published anywhere or made available to any third parties; it is simply fed back to the school to enable us to update yourcontact and medical aid details.
Download Windows & MAC application HERE. While downloading click “SAVE” and thereafter “RUN”.
Download the Mobi Site and Mobile App
View recent events at the school below:
Click on the links below to download information about various activities in the school
Should you require to get in contact with the school for general enquiries: